Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Age

Ice Age

Ice Age
    Circles: Water, Destruction
    Description: The caster summons cold from the beginning of time and it envelops the battlefield. All units that are not immune to cold must roll a fort save or be slowed and take 1d6 points of damage. The save is repeated each turn. Units with cold resistance gain a bonus to save vs the slow effect.

I like the basic idea. Saves and cold resistance should apply to damage and the slow effect. I'm not sure about the name either. I mean, Ice Age is a good name, but it reminds me of... well... Ice Age. (Which was a good series of movies IMO, but I do have a lot of kids, lol.) Anyways, like the effect, not the name/background story so much.

Feedback?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    D6 damage per turn is a lot (unless I'm not seeing how many HP our units will be having). Either nerf the damage or give a bonus on the Fort save, IMO.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

How's this for name...

Frigid Vapor
    With a clap of hands you (the Sorcerer Lord) send forth a cloud of frigid vapor to sweep over the battlefield.

Shouldn't this be a global enchantment if it repeats each turn? If it isn't, do multiple castings stack?

Would this spell fail if/when cast on the Ice plane?

Question: other than cold immunity, i assume there is some kind of cold resistance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Shouldn't this be a global enchantment if it repeats each turn? If it isn't, do multiple castings stack?
    Each turn of the Tactical combat, not each game turn.
    I would think multiple castings would not stack.

Ah ok. I thought I was in the Strategic Spell forum. Heh. My mistake!

I like this spell's effect.

I agree that D6 could be a little high. It's going to need play testing.

New name suggestions?

I think the reason I thought this should be a global enchantment was the name. Ice Age is a little too epic for a combat spell. Maybe Frost Wave or Chill to the Bone for a name?

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    Frigid Vapor
    With a clap of hands you (the Sorcerer Lord) send forth a cloud of frigid vapor to sweep over the battlefield.
    or Arctic Chill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast