Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison Elemental

Poison Elemental

Poison Elemental
    Circles: Water, Summoning
    Description: Summons an elemental composed of poison to serve the Sorcerer Lord. Any unit attacking the elemental in melee must roll a fort save or suffer ability damage. It has other similar abilities.

OK, this is an interesting concept although it needs fleshing out. First, poison isn't an element. Now, to me that's not a big deal, but someone was going to mention it so I though I would. Second, how do we pitch it's physical form? I went with with liquid, obviously, but gas would also be a good interpretation. Does it have any other attacks or is the poison it?

What meat can we put on this bone?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    The description makes it sound like a Disease summons what with the ability damage.

I'm not opposed to a poison summons, but it shouldn't be an elemental. ATM I'm coming up dry with alternate names.

For some reason, a vapor-based poison "elemental" is what comes to mind for me, but that wouldn't really fit if the unit is summonable outside of combat. Maybe what we're looking at is some summonable that has a poison vapor surrounding it? Like a Plague Spreader. (WoW reference.. sorry)

Mage’s Assistant
    Gas may be more interesting ultimately, since it could give it plenty of strange abilities. If it performed like Gaseous Form(very hard to damage without magical weapons or magic), it'd certainly be quite different than your common unit. A gas creature could fly over walls, ignore terrain, be more vulnerable to Air spells, etc. You could always give the poison(gas) attack some other effects other than just ability damage. Suppose it's attacks cause confusion to it's victims, or another similar non-death-based effect. Not to mention if it's gas based, it'd ignore armor and natural armor, so it'd function more as a touch attack. Would probably change the other circle to Air if it's gas. I'd probably keep it as a unit that has great strengths but also great weaknesses(like Chaos Spawn in MOM), so no regular attacks. If it faces undead or other poison immune creatures, it'd be useless, but against living creatures, very powerful.

Either way, you guys are interested in the idea, right?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I could run with a poison summons. But IMO it doesn't need to be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It works for me. What about in the Earth element? I picture poisons as being in things like vines, trees, and animals. Since we don't have a nature circle, earth is the closest to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    It works for me. What about in the Earth element? I picture poisons as being in things like vines, trees, and animals. Since we don't have a nature circle, earth is the closest to that.
    Actually, when I think of the Earth element, I think rocks, dirt, minerals. Plants and animals are more Life, I'd think.

But, going with the effect, I'd think it'd have to be Death especially if it's a purely magical poison.

We'll come back to this once the tentative spell list is a little more fleshed out.

Coming back to this one I'm just not feeling it... Do we have +1s? -1s?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast