Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poison Elemental

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'd +1 changing it to an Acid Elemental.

Yeah, I like acid. (snickers)
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

OK, I'm totally for an acid elemental.

Any more +1s? What tier? (The tier we pick is going to determine what the elemental's stats are.)
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Do we have, or will we have, any more elemental summoning spells? I'd think this should be at the same tier of summoning a fire elemental or an ice one...
    Last edited by Happerry; 12-17-2013 at 08:31 PM.

There are going to be a number of different tiers of air, earth, fire, and water elementals as well as undead and angelic creatures. These things are meat and potatoes. I think the Acid Elemental should be something a little more special. I my mind it should be a single spell.

Do we agree?

If so, what tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    There are going to be a number of different tiers of air, earth, fire, and water elementals as well as undead and angelic creatures. These things are meat and potatoes. I think the Acid Elemental should be something a little more special. I my mind it should be a single spell.

Do we agree?

If so, what tier?
    I agree. Tier 6.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Sounds good. I'll try to work it in soon

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Poison Elemental
    Circles: Water, Summoning
    Description: Summons an elemental composed of poison to serve the Sorcerer Lord. Any unit attacking the elemental in melee must roll a fort save or suffer ability damage. It has other similar abilities.

OK, this is an interesting concept although it needs fleshing out. First, poison isn't an element. Now, to me that's not a big deal, but someone was going to mention it so I though I would. Second, how do we pitch it's physical form? I went with with liquid, obviously, but gas would also be a good interpretation. Does it have any other attacks or is the poison it?

What meat can we put on this bone?
    How about:

Acid-touch Elemental
    Circles: Water, Summoning
    Description: Summons a corrupted water elemental to serve the Sorceror Lord. Its attacks deal extra acid damage and defending units have a chance to suffer reduced armor from its corrosive touch.

All of these discussions are long done and over with... In the case of this one, we have the acid elemental on the wiki.
    The Wiki.

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    things shift slightly from wiki to the game, so i wouldn't call it a wasted post. at the very least it brings up the question of armor debuff abilities, as in is there any sort of armor debuffing? the unit ability list doesn't list it, so maybe not, but then again maybe stat debuffs aren't listed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12