Thread: Earthblood Fountain

Earthblood Fountain

Earthblood Fountain
    Circles: Earth, Biomancy
    Description: The blood from the earth itself is diverted to the surface at a tile of the caster's choice. As long as the upkeep is paid, any army ending its turn in the tile will have its units healed of some damage and negative effects.

Alright, this is an interesting enough idea to be sure, however I'm not positive that an earth healing spell fits in with the current lore. On the other hand I don't want to limit the spell simply because it's a healing spell in the earth circle. All in all I think the spell's advantages outweigh its disadvantages from a lore/mechanics point of view.

So, what do you think?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    The lore just doesn't fit. I could see this spell healing Treants and Silicoids.

If Earth should have a healing spell, how about...

Wellspring
    The healing powers of the world itself are called upon to create a magical wellspring.

same effect otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    If Earth should have a healing spell, how about...

Wellspring
    The healing powers of the world itself are called upon to create a magical wellspring.
    This works for me.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I like the idea. The original MoM lacked options to effect battle from the overland map, like most other Civilization-like games have with terrain giving bonus to defense, ability to build fortification on cases, ... I would like some other similar spells that can allow to create choke-points and defend them.

Changing the name to "Wellspring" does seem like a better fit for the lore.