Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors of Doom

Warriors of Doom

Warriors of Doom
    Circles: Summoning, Destruction
    Description: Summons a group of fabled warriors from the ends of the world, clad in magical armor, wielding magical weapons.

This needs fleshing out. Are these guys specific fabled warriors or warriors of fabled skill? Is this a unit or a hero summons? Can it be cast more than once?

What can we do with this?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    It sounds like it's supposed to be an elite "trained" unit, so not a hero.
    I guess it would be fabled skill, the only example I can think of right now would be berserkers. A class of warrior whose name is still remembered throughout history.

I think these warriors would be ghost warriors since they are no longer in existence. That makes the element either Life or Death. Judging from the spell name I'd go with Death.

It could be either Tactical or Strategic or both.

It almost sounds like a "Summon Deathknight" spell, though I like Aaron's name for it MUCH better. I'm on board with what ampoliros is saying. I think it needs to be a Death/Summoning spell and it could be both tactical and strategic. That would be cool.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    The graphic for these Warriors could be whatever graphic the "normal" unit would have, but with 50% opacity so that they are semi-translucent. I think this gives them a cool look without adding much if any expense.

Using the translucent trick this spell could summon a random elite unit borrowing the graphic from the elite units in the existing factions. Then it's just a matter of coming up with the summons' statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    The graphic for these Warriors could be whatever graphic the "normal" unit would have, but with 50% opacity so that they are semi-translucent. I think this gives them a cool look without adding much if any expense.

Using the translucent trick this spell could summon a random elite unit borrowing the graphic from the elite units in the existing factions. Then it's just a matter of coming up with the summons' statistics.
    Nice idea. I really like this, Aaron.

Mage of the Lesser Tower devoncop's Avatar
    Also really like this spell idea.
    "There are only two things that are infinite:the universe and the stupidity of people....... and I am not sure about the universe" Albert Einstein

Mage’s Assistant
    The original idea was a simple "Chaos Warrior"(from warhammer) type unit you could summon(specific unit, summon can be done any number of times), the point being they had magical weapons, which I would assume few units have, especially summons. It was purposely Destruction based, as I feel that even the effect spells should be variable(meaning, a Destruction spell could summon a unit, not just deal damage, to give more variety to a pure Destruction sorcerer). In a sense, they were supposed to represent the epitome of destruction that non-monstrous creatures could ever achieve, the ultimate warriors.

That said, it does seem much cooler if the unit is based on a "normal" unit in appearance and stats, but has slightly an altered appearance and stats boosted above the normal cap. So, if normally a unit can get Elite experience level, this summon would give you an Ultra Elite(using MOM terms) which can normally never be gained(except with the Warlord perk ). Perhaps with some extra bonuses thrown in.

Talking of its appearance I would recommend to lean towards the LotR Trilogie, the army of dead as they were shown in the Return of the King!

Thank you for all the complements on this very clever idea! Sadly, this is where I have to point out that it wasn't my idea (not even the name...), lol.

Still, I like the direction this is going. Death, Summing seem to be the obvious circles IMO.

And we are back.... We need a tier for this one. We'll build the unit's stats based on where we stick it in the lineup. So, suggestions?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast