Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damage Loop

Damage Loop

Damage Loop
    Circles: ?, Protection
    Description: A spell that is cast on a single unit. Each time the unit is about to take damage, the one doing the damage must roll a will save. If it fails, he takes the damage instead.

Alright, this is a cool idea. We need to flesh out the lore behind it a bit though. Why the will save? Do the attackers attack themselves? What kind of damage do they take? Would werewolves claw themselves for instance or is it magic damage?

How about "Damage Shield" which is a name most gamers would recognize. You could also call it "Reverse Damage" or "Harm Reflection."

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Thorns or Reflect Damage are the obvious names for this spell.

I think a Reflex save is better than a Will save. And the damage reflected would be a reflection of the damage type the attacker's weapon does.

I think a Reflex save is better than a Will save. And the damage reflected would be a reflection of the damage type the attacker's weapon does.
    +1 to this idea.

Earth? for the element

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    Earth? for the element
    Earth or Life, whichever needs a spell in this slot the most.

I'm leaning toward Earth. (And a rename, lol.) If we go with the idea that Earth's resilience can hurt you we should be able to come up with a fitting name. "Stub Your Toe On A Boulder" or something like that, lol. (I need more coffee this morning...)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm leaning toward Earth. (And a rename, lol.) If we go with the idea that Earth's resilience can hurt you we should be able to come up with a fitting name. "Stub Your Toe On A Boulder" or something like that, lol. (I need more coffee this morning...)
    IMO your comments changes the spell to be a more active defense which also changes the damage type.

Ronaa's Meteors
    Earth / Protection
    A whirring aura of meteors is conjured around the target. There are X meteors which protect the target by counter attacking as a bludgeoning missile as if fired by a level Y character. (The first X attackers get counter attacked.)

I still like the original Reflect Damage concept in addition to the active defense concept. Maybe with both spells Reflect Damage can move to Life.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for Ronaa's Meteors.

I like Ronaa's Meteors as well as the idea of Reflect Damage. What element should Reflect Damage fall into? Life? Death?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast