Thread: Acid Storm

Acid Storm

Acid Storm
    Circles: ?, Destruction
    Description: All units in the battlefield take 2d6 acid damage each round, fort save half.

In the main it's simple, clean, and powerful. I like it. Also, the power slider could increase duration rather than damage. Some players may be put off by the fact that it effects the entire battlefield, however, I think it introduces a tactical element. We could make it lower cost because of that. Then a player could combo this with acid resistance and have a real winner. We do need to decide if it's Earth or Water.

What do you guys think?

Caster of the Inner Tower
    As I said on the previous "freeze" spell, I'm a bit afraid that a spell doing damages every combat turn on every unit would easily become game-breaker, but that can be fixed by adjusting mana cost and damage amounts, sure.

Maybe it would be more interesting tactical and easier to balance if the storm only covers part of the battlefield ? Like a 7x7 area (depending of the battlefield size) ?

Also (but it's not limited to that spell), will there be any damage done to city population/building if that kind of very powerful spell is used in city battle ?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I think acid belongs to Earth. Just because acid is a liquid does not automatically make it Water.

This is a limited use "I'm tougher than you so I'm gonna make this combat short" spell, however.

I think acid belongs to Earth. Just because acid is a liquid does not automatically make it Water.
    This makes sense to me.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post

This is a limited use "I'm tougher than you so I'm gonna make this combat short" spell, however.
    Agreed. I like this.

I like the idea of confining it to an area on the battlefield and Earth sounds good to me
    Last edited by Aaron; 07-18-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Brain flicked off for a minute...