Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning Armour

Burning Armour

Burning Armour
    Circles: Fire, ?
    Description: Target unit takes fire damage per turn, any unit that deals melee damage to unit or are struck in melee by this unit take fire damage.

Not a big fan as-is. If you cast it on one of your units I would run away from them hoping they would burn to death.

Anyone got a good way to rework this?

How about having it not damage my units? Combat spells have to be pretty efficient and effect for me to use. If there's a chance I screw myself over with them, I'll just find something else to cast.

This is a slightly modified Fire Shield spell if you take away the "hurts your own unit" portion. It's a solid spell that way.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    What about doing damages to all units on adjacent cases, friend or foe, but not the enchanted unit itself ? We keep a negative effect, but it makes the spell more usable (without requiring fire immunity).

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I like the name Burning Armor. Let's take it in another direction so we can still have the classic Fire Shield too.

Burning Armor
    Fire / Protection
    Enchant target unit with metal armor. Target unit gets 75% fire protection and any enemy attacking the target has a (small) X% chance for its weapon to degrade. Bigger % for wood weapons.

If equipment degradation is not scheduled for the base game (or ever) simply remove that effect.

I like the classic fire shield and burning armor. I think the best suggestion so far (mainly due to how I envision the background mechanics) is burning all adjacent units each round.

That's fine too. I was trying to suggest something new, the idea being that the Burning Armor insulated the wearer from Fire based attacks.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I vote for the name Fire Halo if we go for burning everyone around you every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I vote for the name Fire Halo if we go for burning everyone around you every turn.
    So we could end up with 3 spells out of this .

I agree (And I like the name Burning Halo alright, but I'm open to more suggestions, lol.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast