Thread: Command

Command

Command
    Circles: ?, Mentalism
    Description: The ultimate charm spell, target must make a Will save at -8 or be under direct control of the caster for the remainder of combat. Opposing dispel attempts are also at -8. Command works on any person/monster which does not have immunity to charm.

This one is very powerful and very easy to understand. I think it can be balanced with casting cost. What element should it fit into?

Thoughts?

Looks good. Earth or Death for element.

I'd go with Air or Water, since "Command" is somewhat ephemeral.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    My original thought was Death due the the aspect of Deception.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    My original thought was Death due the the aspect of Deception.
    I'm leaning that way more myself.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    -8 penalty seems very, very powerful... taking control of hero is very likely to completely turn over a battle. Generally in a game with heroes/powerful creatures I'm not fond of "save or death" or "save or be dominated" effects, especially with a huge malus. I'm only ok for this is it's reasonably easy to protect a hero from charms, either because it's a feat available to most hero, or because charm-immunity/protection magical items are relatively easy to make/find.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for Water.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    -8 penalty seems very, very powerful...
    The idea is that this is indeed a top tier spell. It's not going to be cheap to cast. Yes, taking control of a hero could indeed swing the combat... that's the point.

In MoM heroes were not immune and the only way to not lose the charmed hero (when you killed all the other enemies) was to kite around until the time limit was reached. I propose that in WoM if all "real" enemy units are dead that any charmed/confused friendly units have the enchantment broken.

For the moment I think we'll run with Water and keep the -8 penalty. Depending on how the spell lists fill out we may move it to Death (I see both sides). The penalty make change based on play testing.