Thread: Deadly Illusions

Hybrid View

Deadly Illusions

Deadly Illusions
    Circles: Death, Mentalism
    Description: Illusions deal real damage/more damage than before.

At first this one may not seem that useful, but when combined with low level illusionary soldier spells it could be really useful. I do think we'll need to see what low level illusion spells we have before we put it in. Of course, you guys can feel free to suggest a “base spell” for it here. I don't know that we've had any illusionary rank and file soldier spell suggestions yet.

I like this quite a bit

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I like spells that don't do much by themselves, but can do a lot when combined smartly with other spells/abilities, so fine for me

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I don't know that we've had any illusionary rank and file soldier spell suggestions yet.
    I don't know that they have been formally suggested, no. But they have been discussed.
    Formal Suggestion... (straight from MoM)

Phantom Warriors
    Water / Summoning
    A large group of low level illusory soldiers is summoned.

Phantom Beast
    Water / Summoning
    A large illusory beast is summoned.
    MoM it was a transparent Earth Elemental. I think we can make it one of the Huge roaming creatures that have been suggested.

Yea, those are classics. So, combined with them the spell has weight. I'm for it

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Phantom Horror
    Death / Mentalism
    Summon the image of one of the great gribbly ones from beyond the edges of space and time. While this illusion has no real power to harm others with its blows, the fear caused by its image can slay men just the same.

IE, something with cause fear effects and some sort of cause heart attack ranged attack. Even if it's a false image, looking Great Cthulhu in the face can't be fun...

Phantom Hope
    Life / Mentalism
    Summon an illusion of a protective holy spirit to give your men renewed hope.

Weak, but buffs all friendly units in battle from the renewed hope...

I also think that the Phantom (Whatever) spells should be Mentalism, not Summoning.
    Last edited by Happerry; 07-20-2013 at 04:56 AM.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I also think that the Phantom (Whatever) spells should be Mentalism, not Summoning.
    I guess it depends on the illusion.

Warriors and Beast are normal units that will have some sort of illusion template added. They are regular summons.

Horror and Hope are more in line with mental illusions and Mentalism fits better. If these have a "physical" presence on the battlefield I would think that any unit that resists the illusion and succeeds in a touch attack will dispel it.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    A nice illusion spell could also be to make an illusionary clone of any given unit (or maybe any non-hero unit) present in the battlefield, friend of foe alike. Water/Mentalism I would say.

We'll have to consider it on a case by case basis