Thread: Berserk Frenzy

Berserk Frenzy

Berserk Frenzy
    Circles: Fire, Destruction
    Description: The unit this spells is cast on takes damage each combat round(or takes double damage?), but its attacks deal double damage.

Simple, clean, easy to implement. I dig it.

Anyone have any additions/modifications?

This spell should double damage from successful strikes, not automatically damage the unit during each round of combat. But since a unit can be attacked by multiple units at once, I think the bonus from this spell should be to triple the damage, not double it. So the spell would read:

Berserker Frenzy
    Circles: Fire, Destruction
    Description: The unit this spell is cast on takes double damage from successful enemy strikes, but its attacks deal tripple damage.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I agree that the multiplier to damages taken should be lower than to damages done, but x3 damages done is really a lot... so I would more say "The unit this spell is cast on takes +50% damage from successful enemy strikes, but its attacks deal double damage."

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    This spell is simply called Berserk in every other game. But the long name works too.

I think only +25% damage received and double damage done.
    IIRC Berserkers didn't actually have much if any higher casualty rate.

Good suggestions! I'll try to average them together when I move it from the proposed to tentative spell list.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I think that Berserk Frenzy would be a good name for a spell that affects all your units, whereas plain old Berserk only effects one of them.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I think that Berserk Frenzy would be a good name for a spell that affects all your units, whereas plain old Berserk only effects one of them.
    +1 to having a single unit as well as an all unit version.

And if the berserk effect ends up being that the player loses control of the unit (like some games do - which I don't like), then I really up my objection to any increased damage taken.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I'm not fond of player losing control, but some options may be disabled, like the unit may not be able to retreat, or may not be able to cast spells if it's a spell caster unit. But the player should still mostly control it.

I think this one should leave the player in control. Also, a single and multi unit version is a good idea