Thread: Tornado

Tornado

Tornado
    Circles: Air, Destruction
    Description: Random tiles in a random line take damage, and around thrown to another random tile.

Interesting suggestion. I think the idea was that any unit hit by the tornado might be pushed into another tile. I'm not sure about that aspect of it. I can see dropping a randomly moving damage dealing tornado into the midst of the enemies archers. I'm just not sure about moving units around with it.

Is there a mechanism for directing a cast? For instance, if the tornado were cast in the center of the board, allow the caster to specify the direction in which it will go?

Alternatively, this could be a 1-turn unit. Cast the spell and a 'Tornado' unit appears at the location it's cast at. Then, the wizard can "move" the tornado in a specific direction (through troops). It deals damage to each thing in it's path, then disappears.

I like your idea, Aaron. We need more randomness in the game.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Wasn't this called something like Magic Vortex in MoM? If it wasn't in MoM I know I've played a game with this spell. The caster placed it and then told it which direction to begin moving in, then the rest of the movement was random.

Moderate damage and no "tossing" units, IMO.

I'm not a huge fan of Choas, so I tend to go for more controlled spells. That said, this spell could work either way (or even be 2 spells, 1 controlled, 1 chaotic).

That might be a good way to beef up spell variety. Have certain spells that are controllable but have more chaotic counterparts. That would increase spell variety without introducing a lot of extra work on the devs.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Chaos, so I tend to go for more controlled spells.
    I don't normally choose to cast random spells myself, but they tend to be more powerful than the controlled spells. I do tend to cast them when I'm desperate. I know players who prefer them.

-1 to a controlled vortex.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    -1 to a controlled vortex, but you can point it in a general direction on the first turn to keep it from heading right at all your backline doods.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    -1 to a controlled vortex, but you can point it in a general direction on the first turn to keep it from heading right at all your backline doods.
    +1 to this -1.

Good feedback