Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancer Beast

Cancer Beast

Cancer Beast
    Circles: ?,?
    Description: Mid level spell that is cast on any unit(if cast on own, it can auto-fail the save, if on enemy, fort save), if the fail saves, it takes either a lot of con damage and if your con goes to 0, the unit will turn into a cancer beast, a creature that continues to grow until its life force goes out(at the end of combat), fighting in the combat under the casters control, possibly with stats somewhat derived from the host(keeping all extraordinary or supernatural or such abilities).

This one is undeniably wild. To be frank though it just doesn't grab me. I could see it in a more RPG focused game. I'm just not feeling it here.

Thoughts?

I agree. Very interesting idea, but it doesn't quite fit.

Meh, not digging this spell.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Don't like it.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I understand the general effect intended. Buff up a unit at the expense of sacrificing it at the end of combat. I probably wouldn't use the spell myself but there are 4X games with such spells.

I don't like the author's presentation, however.

How about...
    Burn Out
    Fire / Augmentation
    Imbue one living friendly target with an intense burning chaos. The target's body can only sustain the chaotic energies for 10 rounds of combat before it "burns out" and collapses, dead. All the target's statistics, including saves, with the one exception of HP gain 50%.

Making it a % increase makes the spell more effective the higher a level unit it is cast on. The flipside being the cost is also greater.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I like the new version. I wouldn't use it much either, but I would it in some cases. Especialy if you can cast it on a temporary unit, such as a tactical map summon... it's a bit of "cheating", but well, spell combo is about cleverly cheating, that's part of the game

Mind mind immediately jumped to "Summon a unit, beef it up, and let death reign supreme", lol. I think this new suggestion could work.

It can certainly be cast on a summoned unit.

But should it work on illusion units?

My initial thought is that it shouldn't.

Well, if you follow the description I gave for Burn Out, the target must be living. So unless things change, no it won't work in illusions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast