Thread: Bestow Life To Illusion

Bestow Life To Illusion

Bestow Life To Illusion
    Circles: Life, Mentalism
    Description: Turns an illusion into the real deal. Useful only if you have actually the illusion of a unit cast in the first place(probably with another spell).

This is a wild idea. I'm not sure about it's usefulness. Some creatures are completely illusionary after all.

What do you guys think?

This could be a neat combination with a spell that creates an illusion of _any_ unit on the battlefield. Essentially, you could create an illusion of an enemy unit, then cast this spell to make that unit permanent. For instance, if you have no ability to make Sky Drakes and you came across them on the world map, you could "clone" them using these two spells.

There's definitely potential for abuse though. Case in point:

1) Attack a town with a single hero who clears out all but 1 defender. Hero casts illusions. Wizard makes illusions real until the Wizard's "stack" is full. Hero kills last defender. Boom! Fully-defended city without having to have an army trek across the world. (Could counter this by saying "only one casting per combat".)

2) Encounter an enemy army consisting of troops and one awesome unit. "Clone" the awesome unit, and the entire balance of the battle shifts. Imagine if enemy wizards used the combo on you! A cakewalk turns into a slaughter. =)

Just a couple of scenarios, but there are probably more. Limits could be put in to restrict abuse, but that would make it harder to use/manage.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I say leave illusions as illusions.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 to this idea.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    This could be a neat combination with a spell that creates an illusion of _any_ unit on the battlefield. Essentially, you could create an illusion of an enemy unit, then cast this spell to make that unit permanent. For instance, if you have no ability to make Sky Drakes and you came across them on the world map, you could "clone" them using these two spells.

There's definitely potential for abuse though. Case in point:

1) Attack a town with a single hero who clears out all but 1 defender. Hero casts illusions. Wizard makes illusions real until the Wizard's "stack" is full. Hero kills last defender. Boom! Fully-defended city without having to have an army trek across the world. (Could counter this by saying "only one casting per combat".)

2) Encounter an enemy army consisting of troops and one awesome unit. "Clone" the awesome unit, and the entire balance of the battle shifts. Imagine if enemy wizards used the combo on you! A cakewalk turns into a slaughter. =)

Just a couple of scenarios, but there are probably more. Limits could be put in to restrict abuse, but that would make it harder to use/manage.
    This is a strategic spell, thus can't be cast in a combat. I'd assume illusonary cloning spells were tactical only that have their effects removed(unit disappears) when the combat is over. Thus it's impossible to combine them as they are cast in different parts of the game.

Yea, a tactical version of the spell would probably be over the top, lol. I'm still not sure about it as a strategic level spell either...

If you're going to do this, change the name to "Make Corporeal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiavals View Post
    This is a strategic spell, thus can't be cast in a combat. I'd assume illusonary cloning spells were tactical only that have their effects removed(unit disappears) when the combat is over. Thus it's impossible to combine them as they are cast in different parts of the game.
    You're totally right. I keep doing that. I guess in my mind the non-combat version didn't make sense/seem useful and I made a mental leap (incorrectly) into where it seemed useful (combat). I'll try to do better next time.