Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divine For Minerals

Fabricate sounds a little too "textiles industry", lol. It's still not bad. I think we should try to get a few more ideas before we decide though

I've come back to this one. I think we're going to take a hard look at the global reveal version (you know where all the minerals are on all the planes) and the "Give these guys mithril armor" version. (The second version will obviously be a number of different spells IF they make it in). Do we have more to add before I chop it up and move it to the tentative list?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    "Give these guys mithril armor" version.
    Just to be crystal clear, you're talking about a one-off spell, right?
    Last edited by ampoliros; 12-12-2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: typo

And I am finally getting back to this. OK, I think we can safely put the original idea to rest. However, it's given birth to a few more spell ideas.

First, we have a "reveal all the minerals on the world map version". We need to decide if this works across all planes, if each plane needs it's own spell (maybe this one should only work on the Plane of Earth) or if we want to have it offer a "select a plane" menu (I don't really like that idea).

Second, we can have a number of spells that give a target unit weapons of a particular material. (We need to come to a final decision on just what these materials are.) I feel we need a separate spell for each one. These may seem like "filler spells" to some, but I think we have the room for them and I don't think a conglomerate "do it all" spell makes much sense here.

Thoughts?

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I think it should effect the plane that your capital is on, because you're the one divining for the minerals, so you detect all the ones on the plane that you actually are on.

As for the 'give units weapon of a specific element'.. 'Fabricate [Type] Gear/Weapons'?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    What I was thinking with Mineral Divination might not even be valid. Looking am my post again I must have been thinking that some high end units would require a source of [some mineral] and this spell would let the city make one unit that required the mineral. So in this case one spell does fit all.

If we want a spell which adds mithril/adamantium/whatever as a bonus to a unit, then yes separate spells make sense. For names, Infuse [Mineral].

I like Infuse. The tier should be based on the material I think.

I don't want to completely trash the idea of the "diving" spell, but I don't like spells that have different effects based on where your capital is. I need to consider this for a few days...

I like Infuse. The tier should be based on the material I think.
    This would add a lot of easy to code spells, so I like the idea. Earth/Biomancy?

I don't want to completely trash the idea of the "diving" spell, but I don't like spells that have different effects based on where your capital is. I need to consider this for a few days...
    I like the divining idea too. I don't see it as being too broken if it reveals all minerals on all planes. It's much weaker than all of the other map revealing spells IMO.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

I'm back here... I know I take my time about it... sorry about that...

OK, our materials are:
    Adamantine
    Etherium
    Darkwood
    Heartsteel
    Mithril
    Obsidian
    Quicksilver

Now, we need tier suggestions for each material. Of course, this need underlines the fact that we never finalized some of the material's attributes. So, I probably need to start a post about that. Either way, some of them have their effects very clearly defined. We can start with those.

Suggestions?

Okay, so the circles are Earth/Boimancy then?

Now, we need tier suggestions for each material. Of course, this need underlines the fact that we never finalized some of the material's attributes. So, I probably need to start a post about that. Either way, some of them have their effects very clearly defined. We can start with those.

Suggestions?
    These are decent spells, but not bonkers especially since they'll have some kind of mana upkeep. So I'm just going to say Etherium and Darkwood should probably be level 1. Obsidian and Quicksilver should be level 2. Mithril and Heartsteel can be level 3. Adamantite ought to be level 4. Wasn't there also some kind of bone you get from the Boneyard that helped caster wands or something? If there is, make that a level 4 too.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12