Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divine For Minerals

Divine For Minerals

Divine For Minerals
    Circles: Earth, Mentalism
    Description: Creates a low-level beneficial mineral(iron, gold, etc) in a world-tile, so long as upkeep is paid.

This is dangerous, lol. I'm not sure we can justify the upkeep cost as it's going to fall very much in line with “Super Ore”. It's going to feel like terraforming and when combined with “Super Ore” could fill the world with riches.

Any suggestions?

When I read the name, the first thing I thought of was a mineral-specific 'Awareness' global enchantment.

As the description is written, I think it'd be okay with the caveat that "this mineral deposit can't be modified by other spells". (E.g. No Super Ore, Motherlode, etc). Maybe with a spell name like "Concentrate Ore". Might also be interesting if it were a random type of ore and/or cannot be cast within a 5x5 area of another ore tile (basically 1/city).

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I think this could be a one-off spell...

Mineral Divination
    Earth / Mentalism
    The caster divines and conjures forth the requisite minerals to be able to produce one unit he otherwise could not build.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'd prefer a mineral-specific 'Awareness' global enchantment if we're going to use this name.

All of these are a good idea. A mineral Awareness spell would be great. A spell that grants Darkwood, Silver, Iron, or other minor resource would be great too.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    I think this could be a one-off spell...

Mineral Divination
    Earth / Mentalism
    The caster divines and conjures forth the requisite minerals to be able to produce one unit he otherwise could not build.
    To be clear, I literally mean _one_ unit, not indefinitely be able to produce that unit type.

Yes, it's of limited use, but if it lets you produce a high end unit on your frontier...

I like the idea of a global enchantment revealing all sources of the target material.

I also like the concept of a spell that let's you enhance one unit with a certain material. I see it as a post production cast. You make a unit then cast "Give these guys adamantine swords" or whatever. Each material should have a different mana cost.
    Last edited by Aaron; 07-23-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Used the wrong word...

I also like the concept of a spell that let's you enhance one unit with a certain material. I see it as a post production cast. You make a unit then cast "Give these guys adamantine swords" or whatever. Each material should have a variable mana cost.
    Or just a separate spell. Would that be easier to code?

Hmmm... good question, lol. Really from a "code" point of view it's pretty much six of one, half a dozen of the other. It's the "GUI" point of view that's the trick, lol. When you cast the spell it will need to present you with a nice little "select your effect" menu. Either way, I'll have to give it a think

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Call it Fabricate Arms? For the I give my units special metal type weapons version, I mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast