Thread: Liquefy

Liquefy

Liquefy
    Circles: ?,?
    Description: Turns the bones and flesh of the targeted unit into liquid and molds it into a simple slime. Fort save to resist.

This is a neat one. Some spell will have to “cure” it. Do we like the idea? If so what circles? I think I would go with Biomancy for the effect circle.

Ideas?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I don't like it so much.
    Someone certainly seems to like slimes .

The effect sounds like Crack's Call from MoM.

Wizard/Hero casts Slime-ify on a target unit. It turns into a slime. Wizard's unit one-shots the slime. (So, not quite a one-shot like Crack's Call, but nearly so.)

Also, if a target unit has 4 individuals in it, does each save separately or do they all turn to sludge if a single safe is failed? (I seem to recall this being discussed elsewhere, but I can't find it.)

I like this spell but don't think it makes sense to cure it. Information is 'lost' as you turn something into slime.

Maybe the amount of slime generated depends on how many & how big the targets are. This could be interesting... large low resist creatures produce lots of slime where as a bunch of small ones would not.

Since we're talking about magic, I don't think we need worry about information loss. The magic is holding the unit in the slime form until/unless you do something about it (Frog Prince gets kissed and returns to being a prince).

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for this spell

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    Someone certainly seems to like slimes .
    What can I say, I think slimes, oozes, jellies and such are awesome. The more spells that have to do with them, the more likely it is that I can force them in.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Some spell will have to “cure” it. Do we like the idea? If so what circles? I think I would go with Biomancy for the effect circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    Since we're talking about magic, I don't think we need worry about information loss. The magic is holding the unit in the slime form until/unless you do something about it.
    Using this argument you could simply Dispel the slime effect. I'm OK with the spell if it is temporary like this.

I hadn't really considered what might remove the spell, but 'dispel' sounds good to me. No need to have a specific "Revert from Slime" spell.

Alternatively, a more Biomancy-oriented spell might be "Word of Flesh" - "Restores a living unit to it's original state. Cures petrification, slimification, .... etc" I just wouldn't want to see a ton of "spell X only counters spell Y".

I didn't mean to propose "Revert From Slime", but if we have room for easter eggs that would be a great candidate, lol.

Dispel Magic and "Universal Cure" (whatever we call it) are probably enough.

You guys have raised some interesting points. I mean, we could have one guy out of four (or six or whatever) turn into a slime if he was the only one to fail the roll. I must ponder this...