Thread: Rain of Blood

Rain of Blood

Rain of Blood
    Circles: Death, Mentalism
    Description: A rain of blood erupts on the battlefield, causing fear to all units(both enemy and own) who fail a save. Each round a low DC saving throw vs Will is made or the fear effect grows worse.

It's a neat idea. Fear immune beings are automatically immune which is nice. I'm not sure about the exact implementation, but play testing will show us the path. All things considered I think it's a winner.

Suggestions?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Q. What will fear do to a unit?

It's priobably obvious, but i imagine that this should this only affects 'living' units that can understand blood or have blood.
    Men, elves, bears, dragons (affects)
    Zombies, slime, elementals (does not affect)

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 to this spell. And Elementals aren't fearless and have minds, so they'd be affected, but slimes and zombies are to stupid for fear, so they wouldn't.

Think undead should just be immune no matter what though.

Its not about having a mind, its about not having blood. Why on earth would something that didn't have blood be scared of it?

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Under your logic, because we don't have sand in our body, a sandstorm shouldn't be scary.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    There's a huge difference between sand and some random red liquid. The red stuff only makes you wet. A sandstorm will actually hurt you.

I see the blood as a manifestation of the fear. The real effect is fear. A fire elemental might see it as snow, lol. Either way, fear immunity is a d20 standard. I intend to basically stick with the rules there. Undead are immune to fear as are Paladins of a certain level, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I see the blood as a manifestation of the fear. The real effect is fear. A fire elemental might see it as snow, lol. Either way, fear immunity is a d20 standard. I intend to basically stick with the rules there. Undead are immune to fear as are Paladins of a certain level, etc.
    Fair enough - i'm always good with "keep it simple"