Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Shield

OK, say we run with the full on force field version. That is to say: It's an energy shield that completely blocks one attack. If you cast it as a tactical spell it just blocks the first successful attack. If you cast it as a strategic spell is "resets" after every battle.

+1s?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

+1 from me.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 from me, but just blocking the first attack of the battle is quite weak, so I would say that as a low-level/low cost/low upkeep spell.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'll +1 this. Are we sure it shouldn't be the first source of damage each round?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    OK, say we run with the full on force field version. That is to say: It's an energy shield that completely blocks one attack. If you cast it as a tactical spell it just blocks the first successful attack. If you cast it as a strategic spell is "resets" after every battle.

+1s?
    I take it you don't want to keep track of a damage threshold?

If so, then it really needs to block more than 1 attack. Maybe give a slider to block 1-5 attacks. I'd say Tactical only.

Let me consider it...

OK, having considered it I think it should be a low cost/low tier spell. It can be powerful, but it's all a matter of tactics. It has to be used properly to do you much good. I think of it as kind of a polar opposite to True Strike (for those familiar with that spell). I think it could be a good tier 1 spell. What element do we like here? We can pitch it a number of ways in my opinion.

Life or Earth for me.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12