Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healing Winds

Healing Winds

Healing Winds
    Circles: Life,Biomancy
    Description: A gust of positive energy sweeps the battlefield, healing living units by d6, dealing d6 damage to undead units. Affects all units on the battlefield.

I like it. It may need a better name and we'll want a negative energy equivalent IMO.

What do you guys think?

Nice spell. I really like it. What about a Lesser Healing Winds that deals 1d6 and a Greater Healing Winds at a higher level that deals 3d6?

I like the idea. I particularly like the idea of healing your whole army at the same time (by a little bit). But, I'd rather see it in a few forms:

Healing Wind: As stated, but _only_ heals friendly units
    Harming Wind: Damages (only) all enemy units.

Positive Energy Wave: As stated. Would also be neat if units were at 100%, it gave them bonus hp (or atk?) for X rounds (3?), basically "supercharging" them.
    Negative Energy Wave: Inverse of Positive Energy Wave. Similar effect on undead (bonus hp or atk if unit is 100%).

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I like the spell in the OP.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for spell in the OP.

Winds of Death would be a nice name for the Negative Energy Version.

I like the OP version as well and Winds of Death is a cool name

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for having a low-level 1d6 version and a higher level 3d6 version, makes two spells for cheap

+1 for having a negative energy version, but since there are more positive-energy users than negative-energy users, the negative energy version will be more useful (in most battles, it'll help your units and harm the ennemy units, while the positive energy version will most of the time helps both side), so maybe it should be a bit more expensive ?

That's a fair point. I'll have to give it a think.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    +1 for having a low-level 1d6 version and a higher level 3d6 version, makes two spells for cheap

+1 for having a negative energy version, but since there are more positive-energy users than negative-energy users, the negative energy version will be more useful (in most battles, it'll help your units and harm the ennemy units, while the positive energy version will most of the time helps both side), so maybe it should be a bit more expensive ?
    +1 to everything in this.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Just make how many dice the spell uses be a function of how much power you throw into it, we don't need three spells that do the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast