Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raise Earth

OK, I'm back. Now, this one strikes me as a foundational spell for terraforming. What effect circle should we make it and what tier?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

I could see artugments for Augmentation, Biomancy, or Summoning. Augmentation = augmenting the land. Biomancy = changing the evolution of the world. Summoning = summoning earth (literally dirt). Which circle needs more spells?

As for tier, it's not something you want people doing in the early game. I'd say tier 4, but with a cheaper-ish mana cost.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    OK, I'm back. Now, this one strikes me as a foundational spell for terraforming. What effect circle should we make it and what tier?
    Which methodology are you running with? The easier one chain of transforming? or the more realistic 2 chains, one for elevation and another for terrain specials?

I really think there should be separate elevation and special chains. This method offers so much more flexibility.

We have raise and lower earth. Then there will be a number of other spells that change the terrain.

I think we could go with Augmentation. It's going to end up being a catch all circle, but it can't be helped, lol.

What tier do we like? I'm thinking 4-6 myself.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

If you don't like Augmentation, you could go for Biomancy. As for tier, let's say Tier 5.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Does this spell affect water tiles? I think it was originally designed to incorperate them as well. The wiki wasn't clear.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    I think tier four would be best.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123