Thread: Dry River

Dry River

Dry River
    Circles: Earth, Destruction
    Description: Cast on river source tile destroys river.

Could be wild. Rivers give benefits to tiles like they did in MoM. Destroying one could really give your enemy a headache, lol.

Thoughts?

Earth needs some destruction spells, so I guess it works.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for the spell, but there should be a way to either reverse it (a different spell to create a river, it can be more expensive I don't mind) or a way to protect from it (overland enchantement protecting your teritory for hostile terraforming). Or maybe it should require one unit of the caster to stay on the river source for one full turn, and if you manage to defeat it, the spell is canceled ?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Can one spell eliminate ALL the water in an entire watershed? Stopping an entire river seems extremely powerful to me.

If this spell makes it in it definitely needs a counter of some sort.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for this spell, but only if another spell, when cast on the river source tile, can bring the river back and refill all the dry riverbed tiles.

We could give it an upkeep cost and make it dispellable. It wouldn't be a "terraforming" spell, but it might be easier to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We could give it an upkeep cost and make it dispellable. It wouldn't be a "terraforming" spell, but it might be easier to deal with.
    That's a better idea. The upkeep should be really low, tho.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for dispellable/low upkeep cost.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    +1 for the spell, but there should be a way to either reverse it (a different spell to create a river, it can be more expensive I don't mind) or a way to protect from it (overland enchantement protecting your teritory for hostile terraforming). Or maybe it should require one unit of the caster to stay on the river source for one full turn, and if you manage to defeat it, the spell is canceled ?
    The original suggestion did have a opposite water spell for create river. I'd prefer this be a terraforming spell with no upkeep but have the reverse spell to undo it. However if there will be no create river spell to counter it then I agree with converting it to a spell with upkeep/disspellable.

I see both sides. Let me consider the technical implications and come back to this.