Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The In-Between Elves

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for Grey Elves

As for troops, honestly I like the current line up in the wiki.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower Wraithstalker's Avatar
    Grey Elves work for me.
    Elvish Alliance or Brotherhood sounds more like a unified confederation rather than the minions of a powerful mage.

A mix of arcane and druidic units would be pretty cool, so I think the current line up is pretty boss.
    Engineers might need a different name/mechanism.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower bloss's Avatar
    +1 grey elves. I also agree with Troy's suggestion that they could just be called sylvan elves and wild elves could contrast with them later. I don't like the idea of elvan alliance, which implies they are a composite group. When we said in-between, I thought we were drawing on different qualities for a unified group.

+1 rider units from above and also ranger and druid.

Purifying (?) Archers Higher level archer unit could have arrows tipped with 'bless' type spell, having both a physical impact and a magical impact on unhallowed units and creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    +1 for Grey Elves

As for troops, honestly I like the current line up in the wiki.
    didn´t know this existed already. Though I think it looks a bit too "classical". Looking at the unhollowed units I would like some more untypical elven units in the game instead of the standard line up like "swordsmen", "archer", "ranger" and I don´t see the purpose for an engineer and pioneer with elves as well as a sorcerer! They are "in-between" elves, so I would change the sorcerer to a druid who is much more sticking to nature.

Abecedarian Mage
    Grey Elves is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    I would prefer Elven Alliance. Grey Elves in D20 are basically what most people would consider High Elves. Ironically D20 High Elves are pretty much In-Between Elves. I'd write a more detailed post, but I have to leave soon so unfortunately I can't.
    +1

As for unit lists I've got nothing. I don't have a strong feeling for what in between is supposed to mean and feel that any unit I suggest for them would take away from what high and sylvan elves can have later. Since they won the vote though I'll wait to see what those who voted for them come up with and maybe I'll get a better feel about what in between might have that high or sylvan wouldn't.

I like Grey Elves.
    And for the unit list i am with Asmodai:
    Since i want High Elves and Sylvan Elves in later,i am not really sure what units now to suggest for Grey Elves...

Keep thinking guys. I plan to come back and give this a real reply early next week. It looks like today is going to be another crazy busy one for me...

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraithstalker View Post
    Elvish Alliance or Brotherhood sounds more like a unified confederation.
    I agree. I don't like these conglomeration sounding names.
    Does "Elves" need to be part of the faction name?

I checked with the US Copyright Office. Sindar is not copyrighted. (Sindarin is, but not the root, Sindar)

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    I agree. I don't like these conglomeration sounding names.
    Does "Elves" need to be part of the faction name?

I checked with the US Copyright Office. Sindar is not copyrighted. (Sindarin is, but not the root, Sindar)
    This thing is being produced in Poland and sold world-wide. The Tolkien Estate holds different rights in Europe than in America. Same with Tolkien Enterprises. If you know anything about these two entities, they love litigation more than the works they claim to represent. No need to piss them off unnecessarily, IMO.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast