Thread: Burn Forests

Burn Forests

Burn Forests
    Circles: Fire, Destruction
    Description: Forest tiles to plains, jungle tiles to swamp.

Again, jungles may not be in. Still, burning down forests could be nice. It could also be a fairly low level spell.

Thoughts?

I thought there was going to be a change terain spell that did all of this for us.

Yeah, these seem to be more "flavorful" change-terrain spells. I'd call this one "Slash and Burn".

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    This is another limited use spell. I see it more as an overland Fireball where you immolate some units camped in a forest.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    This is another limited use spell. I see it more as an overland Fireball where you immolate some units camped in a forest.
    Not every spell can be awesome. It's okay for some to be more niche.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Not every spell can be awesome. It's okay for some to be more niche.
    Depends on how much room the spell lists have. If each circle gets 100 spells, sure we can have some album filler.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    What about doing both ? You've to cast it in a forest/jungle tile, and it both does small damage to units in it and turns it into plain/swamp ?

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    +1 to this since it benefits more. in addition it turns the tile ....

I was one of the people who suggested this and I've changed my mind on it. I assume there is going to be at least one (if not multiple) fire spells that do fire damage to every unit in a tile on the world map. If this is the case then I would make destroying forests just part of that spell. If the spell does fire damage to everything in the tile then that should include trees and result in them all catching fire and being burned down... no need for a different spell.

I've got to think about it. One of the goals is to provide terraforming spells that are outside the realm of Earth.