Thread: Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Name: Forest Fire
    Circles: Fire, Destruction
    Description: Forest tile deals fire damage to all units in tile, next 5 turns becomes plains with extra % to farmers food output of city, after that stays plains, but no bonus.

At it's heart this is a terraforming spell that damages any army on the tile it's cast on at the time of casting. I think we should pull out the extras and simply make it burn the army and change the terrain to plains in a single turn. It may not have as much flare, but it's easy to understand and easy to implement.

This one could also use a little more in the name department IMO.

Thoughts?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Isn't this Burn Forests?

This seems familiar.

Lol, and it is very familiar. However, we got both suggestions, so I thought we could discuss both. Plus, this one adds the idea of damaging any army on the tile at the time the spell is cast. I think that could be a good addition.

Oh, and I'm going down the proposed list from top to bottom. There are a lot of spells and I ran up on Burn Forests before I got to this one. Had I noticed I would have combined the ideas into one post.

Keep in mind that I'm very very busy

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    They are still very similar and the unit damage was suggested in the other thread.
    I think 1 spell is good.

I agree. We need to pick 1 direction and follow that.