Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Tactical Spells

More Tactical Spells

We've actually gone through the tactical spells on the Proposed Spells List. Does anyone have more ideas to kick in? I plan to start adding new spells to the proposed list soon

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I didn't make some suggestions because they were already there, in the list of apparently D20 spells.

My question is what MoM spells are already in, if any?

I'd like to see the MoM Prayer and High Prayer spells (and Black Prayer). I'd have to go thru the MoM spell list to really pick out all the spells I think are must haves.

That's a fine idea. Whatever MoM spells have crept in have done so by suggestion. So, make some suggestions, lol.

I put this in the other thread. I'd really like to see most/all of these make it in the game in some form, Aaron:

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    I have seen only a few mentions of bolt spells, so I'm going to throw a bunch out for your consideration, Aaron.

-Shock bolt: (Life or Fire/Destruction) deals 1 electrical damage +1dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

-Water bolt: (Water/Destruction) deals 3 impact damage +1dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

-Fire bolt: (Fire/Destruction) deals 5 fire damage +1dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

-Iron bolt: (Earth/Destruction) deals 7 impact damage +2dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

-Lightning bolt: (Life or Fire/Destruction) deals 10 electrical damage +2dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

-Death bolt: (Death/Destruction) deals 13 negative energy damage +2dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

-Magma bolt: (Earth and/or Fire/Destruction) deals 15 fire damage +3dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

-Doom bolt: (Death/Destruction) deals 20 negative energy damage +3dmg for every 3 extra mana spent to a single unit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and now for some "ball" spells:

-Acid Ball: (Earth/Destruction) deals 3 acid damage +1dmg for every 5 extra mana spent to all units in a 5x5 area.

-Fire Ball: (Fire/Destruction) deals 6 fire damage +1dmg for every 5 extra mana spent to all units in a 5x5 area.

-Ice Ball: (Water/Destruction) deals 10 impact damage +2dmg for every 5 extra mana spent to all units in a 5x5 area.

-Surge Ball: (Life or Fire/Destruction) deals 15 electrical damage +2dmg for every 5 extra mana spent to all units in a 5x5 area.

-Dread Ball: (Death/Destruction) deals 20 negative energy damage +3dmg for every 5 extra mana spent to all units in a 5x5 area.

Promotion
    Life? / Augmentation?
    Unit gains X levels for the rest of the battle.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I think we should have some spells that change the topology of the battlefield : create or destroy walls or other obstacles (fire walls that burn nearby units, forcefields that blocks ranged attacks, mud/quicksand that slows unit, ...)

These are MoM Tactical spells not previously suggested I'd liek to see in WoM.

Bless
    Life / Protection
    Unit Enchantment
    Target unit receives +X AC and +Y to all saves vs Negative Energy units and effects.

Healing
    Life / Biomancy
    Unit Instant
    (MoM this was only Tactical, but I propose Healing be Strategic as well.)
    Heal 1 unit +X HP.

Mass Healing
    Life / Biomancy
    Battlefield Instant
    Heal all friendly units +X HP.
    (Strategic version heals entire stack.)

Prayer
    Life / Augmentation?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All friendly units receive +1 to all stats.

High Prayer
    Life / Augmentation?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All friendly units receive +2 to all stats.
    (I like having both Prayer and High Prayer spells - I would often cast both so I was +3.)

Black Prayer
    Death / Augmentation?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All enemy units receive -1 to all stats.
    (There was not a -2 version in MoM.)

True Light
    Life / Biomancy
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All units imbued with Positive Energy gain +1 to all combat stats (not base Str/Dex etc). All unit imbued with Negative Energy lose -1 to all combat stats.

Darkness
    Death / Biomancy
    Battlefield Enchantment
    Opposite of True Light

Animate Dead
    Death / Biomancy
    Instant
    Return target dead unit to full health as a Zombie under the caster's control.

Black Sleep
    Death / Biomancy
    Instatnt
    Target unit must make a fort? save at -2 or be unable to act or defend until Black Sleep is Dispelled.

Mana Leak
    Death / ?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    Each round of combat each unit and each Sorcer Lord loses -X casting skill.

Posession
    Death / Mentalism
    Instant
    Target unit must make a will save (at -1?) or change sides for the duration of combat, cannot be dispelled.

Weakness
    Death / Augmentation
    Unit Enchantment
    Target unit has it's attack value reduced by 2.

Wrack
    Death / ?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    Each round of combat all figures must make a fort save at +1 or lose 1 HP.

Call Lightning
    Air / Destruction
    Battlefield Enchantment
    Each round 3-5 random enemy units get hit by strong lightning bolts.

Earth to Mud
    Earth / ?
    Instant
    Change a 5x5 area of the battlefield to mud, slowing all non-flying/floating units.

Entangle
    Earth / ?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    Slows all walking and swimming units on the battlefield.
    (IDK, I like this better as an AoE spell.)

Petrify
    Earth / Destruction
    Instant
    Each figure in target unit must make a fort? save or be turned to stone (killed).

Web
    Earth? / Summoning?
    Instant
    Holds an enemy unit in place for one or more combat turns, and removes the unit's Flying ability until the end of combat.

Blur
    Air? / Augmentation?
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All enemy units receive a 10% to hit penalty.
    (I like this spell, but to me "Blur" is a unit enchantment that make the target harder to hit. Maybe call this one Smoke Screen and also have Blur as a unit enchantment?)

Mass Invisibility
    Air / Augmentation
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All friendly units gain Invisibility.

Mind Storm
    ? / Mentalism
    Unit Enchantment
    Target enemy unit receives -5 to combat stats and saves.

Word of Recall
    ? / ?
    Instant
    Target Hero is teleported to the owner's summoning circle.

Call Chaos
    ? / ?
    Instant
    Inflicts random effects on each enemy unit on the battlefield.

Disintegrate
    ? / Destruction
    Instant
    Target unit with fort? save less than X is destroyed.

Disrupt
    ? / Destruction
    Instant
    Target physical barrier is destroyed.

Metal Fires
    Fire / Augmentation
    Battlefield Enchantment
    All friendly units gain +1 fire enchantment on their weapons.

Shatter
    ? / ?
    Unit Enchantment
    Target enemy unit mush make a fort? save or have all atack values reduced to 1.

Warp Creature
    ? / Augmentation
    Unit Enchantment
    Target enemy unit must make a fort? save at -3 or receive 3 random reductions in stats.
    Last edited by Troy_Costisick; 09-28-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I made a few tactical spell suggestions over in the other thread I haven't seen debated yet too..

I'm not sure if this has been listed or not, but I really liked "Counter Magic" from MoM. I hope that makes it in. I would suggest Air/Protection for the spell circles.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by baenre View Post
    A bunch of people are mentioning drawbacks to flying, or flying causing weaknesses. Are there spells/abilities that are being planned that only target flying creatures? I know if MoM there wasn't, Flying was a benefit in every case on the combat field.
    In response to this very good question, I offer these:

Thunderbolt
    Air/Destruction
    Deals X damage to target nonflying creature or 2X damage to target flying creature.

Turbulence
    Air/Destruction
    All flying creatures lose flying for 1 round + 1 additional round per 10 extra mana spend when casting this spell.

Shockwave
    Death/Destruction
    Deals X damage to all creatures with flying.

Scarecrow
    Earth/Summoning
    Summons a weak military unit made of straw. As long as Scarecrow is on the field, all flying creatures lose flying.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast