Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essence of Fire

Essence of Fire

Name: Essence of Fire
    Circles: Fire, ?
    Description: City produces +1 mana for every volcano in radius.

A good solid “make use of those volcanoes” spell like we were discussing in the Raise Volcano post. Probably goes in Augmentation.

Anyone have more to add?

I imagine volcanos are pretty rare, right? If that's the case, the bonus needs to be more than +1. I'm thinking more like +5.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I think this should be a low level spell and the +1 is good, maybe +2. The idea is to get _something_ out of the volcano until you have a better way to get rid of it.

More than +2 and the Draconians or other faction that actually likes volcanoes could abuse it.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    This is an enchantement, so it'll have an upkeep cost. The bonus needs to be big enough so the upkeep cost is paid by the bonus, and then more, or it's a useless spell. Since volcanoes are likely to be rare, just one of them should pay for the upkeep and gives a benefit.

Or we need more benefits than just mana income, maybe mana bonus and a bonus to damage for units produced in the city ? Or some effects on forging artifacts, like some artifact powers can only be selected if you have at least one volcano under control by this spell ?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Ultra low cost to cast and just a 1 mana upkeep seem reasonable to me for a spell that just does the mana bonus.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for this spell.

We'll put it in the tentative list and work out the bonus details when we can play test it.

Alright, we're back to this. We need a tier. It won't have a maintenance cost as it produces mana. The upkeep cost is covered by it's own production. Now, keep in mind that you will be able to make volcanoes with certain terraforming spells.

I expect this one to get a bit of tweaking during play testing. Still, we need a place to start. Suggestions?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    Tier 1 or 2. Volcanos are probably pretty rare, so this won't give much of a bonus until you can create your own volcanos.
    I am waiting for the relaunch before playing Worlds of Magic, so I don't check the forums as often as I used to. In the meantime, the main forum I post at is RPG.net, if anyone here needs to contact me.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'd call it tier 3. You should have to do more then a minor splash in fire to get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast