Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the Ether

Out of the Ether

Name: Out of the Ether
    Circles: ?, Augmentation
    Description: City gains +3% production bonus, gains +1 unrest while active.

I can dig it (exact numbers not withstanding). What's the element here? Do we like the name?

Any feedback?

Effect is fine, but the spell needs more lore to justify such an odd name.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Effect is fine, but the spell needs more lore to justify such an odd name.
    +1

The numbers can get tweaked, I'm thinking a higher bonus and the same +1 unrest.

Depending on the lore and spell name ultimately chosen the effect circle could be Summoning, Biomancy or Augmentation. The element would most likely be easy to choose after the lore/name/effect are chosen.

How's this...

Energy Harvest
    Biomancy / Fire
    City Enchantment
    The target city is enchanted to have its population attuned to the "background" positive and negative energy fields of the world, thus making them more productive. The invigorated populace are, however, also more restless.
    +X% production, +Y unrest.

My first crack at numbers would be 25-50% production and 1 unrest.

Maybe "Crack the Whip" is a better name.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I forgot we already have Fervor.
    We need to steer clear of Fire

Energy harvest could be Water or Air.

If we like the +1 unrest idea, I repeat my suggestion that Fervor should have the unrest, unrest goes more with Fire IMO.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I vote for Out of the Ether, and for the Element to be Air.

What exactly is coming out of the ether and how does it make people more productive but more pissed off at the same time?

I think the idea is that "help" is coming out of the ether. How? You're a smith and go to grab your hammer where you didn't set it down, but it's there anyway. You're a farmer going out to plow a field and it's already plowed when you get there. You're a cook and find a bag of flour in the pantry you can't explain. So on and so forth.

While I think the name makes sense when you explain it, I don't think it'll be very clear while playing. If you see "Out of the Ether" on your city's "Affected by" spell list, it doesn't tell you anything. Maybe something more descriptive (E.g.: "Helping Hands") would be better in-game.

OK, that is a fair point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast