Thread: Air Mastery

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Air Mastery

Name: Air Mastery
    Circles: Air / Augmentation
    Description: Your flying and naval units have their movement increased by +1 (similar to MoM's Wind Mastery spell)

This is a simple, straightforward spell. Seems like a winner to me.

I do think it needs a new name since we're planning of having Mastery spells at the top of each Circle.

The MoM spell affected only naval units and was +50% move for you and -50% for everyone else.
    I like including flying units and the flat +1 increase. Do we want MoM's negative effect as well?

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Just a +1 bonus to movement to some units seem quite light for "mastery spell at the top of the circle". That should be a middle-level spell, not the top air spell, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    Just a +1 bonus to movement to some units seem quite light for "mastery spell at the top of the circle". That should be a middle-level spell, not the top air spell, IMHO.
    Fair point. Maybe the name should be Wind Mastery instead. This is not supposed to be the capstone spell of the element. Or, at least, I didn't intend for it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobug View Post
    Quite correct, hence my suggestion for a name change. I don't think Troy intended this spell to be _THE_ Air Mastery spell when he suggested it (but I don't want to put words in his mouth either).

I don't think Troy intended this spell to be _THE_ Air Mastery spell when he suggested it (but I don't want to put words in his mouth either).
    You're right, I didn't

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Maybe Tailwind Mastery? As a tailwind is known to make flying things move faster...

or simply Tailwind.

Tailwind isn't bad, but I like Wind Mastery better. It's a throwback to MoM, but could effect all flying units as well as ships.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page