Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingame screen

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Of course you can still move the camera.
    We are still working on the colors, contrast, lightning etc.

Here is the more top-down view:

We just finally wanted to share it.

Arcane Candidate
    It is really good! Much better than I expected! Great work!

looking good. although if those colored spots all over the map are supposed to be flowers, they need a little more work. on the second screen they look more like special effects for some spells or something

Looks , good.

My question, are all the battlefield going to look like you are playing in a arena? You have beautiful trees and hills surrounding the battlefield but the battlefield seems a little generic right now. With only one screen it is hard to tell what else is going to be on the field.

Arcane Candidate
    The first screen looks nice with regard to the background, however, I doubt it would be a useful perspective for an actual battle. I was about to ask if the camera could be moved, but then I saw the second image. This would be a useful persopective indeed. I don't know if it's the ballista or that top-down view in general, but it definitely reminds me a lot of Heroes of Might & Magic 3, a game I played for several years.

Camera is positioned just for the screen to look nice. It has nothing to do with actual in-game view

Arcane Candidate
    Looks nice, though I suspect I will miss a lot of the shiny from looking down on it from above. :P

Will there be obstructing or obscuring terrain on the field later in development, something to break up the "here's a chessboard-ness?" (Apologies if this has been asked and answered somewhere else.)

I think there will be obstacles, I'm certainly for it.

Arcane Candidate
    I like the fact that the area is bigger than normal, which enable much more room for tactics. I hope that you will fill the area with some obstacles. Maybe the only thing that could be improved is the color of the units (maybe it is not the final version). All units are somehow blue and not corresponding to the area lightening.

Acolyte
    Graphics look good. Impressive. I agree with the comment that the actual battle area looks a bit like an arena. Some trees, rocks, etc in the battle area would make for better battles.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast