Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingame screen

Graphically it looks great.
    I'd prefer the battle area be slightly larger than the 16 squares we see in the pic (are there different sizes or are they all the same?) but it looks good. I also agree that I'd like to see trees to hide behind (burn down) in the battle area in forest maps, boulders in mountains, wet patches you can charge through in swamps etc. but again, graphically it's looking VERY good.

Arcane Candidate
    Looks awesome!

As Troy_Costisick said: WAY more detailed than I expected it to be!
    Great job - keep on going! You are definitely on the right way!

Maresi

Arcane Candidate
    Looks very good so far! I would like it if there's going to be obstacles. It'll be interesting to see what a 'city' map looks like.
    Also does moving on a diagonal cost one movement point?

wow,i am pretty impressed ,didnt expect it to look that good already.
    I love the top down view.
    i like the size but i am with asmoadai here...i would love to have a few different battleboard sizes ingame(larger but also smaller(!)).

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    There are going to be obstacles for sure.

I'm not sure about the different sizes of the battleboard, but most probably it is possible.

We are still in the office and one of our PC just broke. The bad thing is that it was the one which we have been making video at.
    Give us a thumb https://www.facebook.com/WorldsOfMagic

Acolyte
    Looks impressive. I agree that it would be nice to see obstacles (trees, rocks, etc) blocking passage on some of the squares.

Arcane Candidate
    Quick question, can we get a 3/4 view? Like the side view only turned about 45 degrees to better see the layout of the troops?

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    would it be possible to scale the battle board by terrain? so that open plains has a big board, and mountains has a small one?

it is looking good, though no gui or obstacles yet, though to showcase the graphics, it isn't really needed.

in my inexperience i would have shrunk the halberdiers to fit the squares better, but they look great side by side, so it would have been a mistake. how does the catapult look with one in front of another?

the sky is really nice, though i think the sun is in the wrong position, i doubt any cares though. i also like the trees on the horizon for some reason, can't put my finger on it.

one last thing, are the flowers random, because the white near the elementals (i think they are elementals) looks a little much, from the top down view. the yellow and white flower shadows seem off, or maybe out of place.

i hope you were looking for people to spot stuff from the pics, as i tried to find as much as i could, but if you don't fix any of the graphics stuff i found i won't care one bit, it is good enough already

Arcane Candidate
    Seems good but the rocks in the first image look like they could be problematic since they block the view of grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    That is WAY more detailed and gorgeous than what I was expecting. It looks like a real, modern game! I love the lighting. Looks like it will be about 13 squares between you and your enemy. Is that about correct?
    This is exactly what I thought when I saw it. Great work!
    “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast