Thread: Apocalyptic Chant

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Apocalyptic Chant

Name: Apocalyptic Chant
    Circles: Death / Destruction
    Description: At the beginning of each sorcerer-lord's turn, one of the following happens: a volcano is raised somewhere, a meteor shower hits a random city, a random unit is killed, an earthquake hits a random city, a random tile is changed to desert, or a random resource is depleted.

Bring on the End-of-Times !

It works for me except the resource depletion. The other stuff can get fixed. AFAIK there's no way to fix a depleted resource.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I think heroes should be immune to "random unit is killed", or else it's just putting too much things on the PRNG.

Also, should it affect also your own cities/units/... ? If yes, I could hardly see myself casting it.

If it's going to be random, it needs to affect everyone equally (in that they all should be potential targets). The apocalypse is an equal opportunity ender.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    If it's going to be random, it needs to affect everyone equally (in that they all should be potential targets). The apocalypse is an equal opportunity ender.
    The intent of the spell was just this. A random city is any city, no matter who owns it.

I think heroes should be immune to "random unit is killed", or else it's just putting too much things on the PRNG.
    I agree. Heroes and Titans should be immune.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

OK, I like it with some provisions: It's a tier 9 spell, no question in my mind. It doesn't effect resources. It can be resisted/saved against by a city or unit. I would allow it to possibly effect heroes and titans because in most cases they will resist or save against it.

I think that it should potentially effect anything on the map. The idea in my mind is that the caster is either confident in his city's and unit's ability to resist OR he feels that the odds are so in his favor (he only holds 5% of the world) that he is willing to unleash the raw forces of death on the world. I could also see this being pitched as Fire because of the chaos angle.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    OK, I like it with some provisions: It's a tier 9 spell, no question in my mind. It doesn't effect resources. It can be resisted/saved against by a city or unit. I would allow it to possibly effect heroes and titans because in most cases they will resist or save against it.

I think that it should potentially effect anything on the map. The idea in my mind is that the caster is either confident in his city's and unit's ability to resist OR he feels that the odds are so in his favor (he only holds 5% of the world) that he is willing to unleash the raw forces of death on the world. I could also see this being pitched as Fire because of the chaos angle.
    +1 to what Aaron said!

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnReeve View Post
    +1 to what Aaron said!
    +1 here too.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for fire. I'm sure death will have all sorts of other mass doom options.