Thread: Create Master Brain

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Create Master Brain

Name: Create Master Brain
    Circles: ?, Mentalism
    Description: Creates a powerful huge brain in a city that takes over the administration of the city, providing a bonus to resource production and such. Creates illusionary forces for defense when the city is attacked, and divines a large area around the city, effectively scouting 7 tiles in all directions. A sort of fantasy AI.

Not sure I like the name...
    I can get behind the city farming/production/research bonuses and the scouting radius.
    I'm not sure about the illusory defenders. I really don't think a full stack of defenders is in order, maybe a unit or two.

I like the idea of a sentience helping administrate a city. I don't like the idea of that consciousness being a giant brain (or even Spock's brain for that matter, lol.) I'm divided on the Illusionary defenders. It needs a name change, a lore change, and a elemental circle. Anyone want to dive in?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

This is another spell where no one replied, so I can't see a bunch of people coming to its rescue. I don't like it, personally.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind a Mentalism spell that Network's everyone in a city's brain into a telepathic network to give production bonuses, but I don't like the version as written.

Dance of the Marionettes
    Earth/Mentalism

Joins the populace of a city in harmonious union with their lands, boosting resource production. Prevents production of settler units in the city (no one wants to leave).

Mage of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I like the idea of a sentience helping administrate a city. I don't like the idea of that consciousness being a giant brain (or even Spock's brain for that matter, lol.) I'm divided on the Illusionary defenders. It needs a name change, a lore change, and a elemental circle. Anyone want to dive in?
    How about:

Name: Loitering menace
    Circles: Death, Mentalism
    Description: Opens a negative energy portal that lets the apparition within manipulate the citizens of a city, gaining sustenance from their fear. Local denizens work harder and keep their heads down in its presence. (Provides bonus to production, reduces population growth, increases city vision by +1)