Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buildings in WoM - Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    Actually, MoM cities has a radius of 2. So 5x5 minus the corners, also called the "fat plus".

The leading plan for cities was for them to start with a 1 tile radius and grow to a 3 tile radius. (Not official yet.)

I think the Wagoner's Guild should add 1 to the Ctiy's radius, not double it. But I do really like it.
    That makes good sense to me.

I'm just jumping in to say that I like the concepts. Keep them coming

Also, that wasn't the full Unhallowed list I showed and you might want to look the the High Men Buildings List as well

I can weigh in more when I have more time. Needless to say, I've got a lot going on, lol.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Thought of another one:

Pawnbroker:
    Pre-Requisites: Market, Library
    Effect: Increases gold income from a city by 10%, allows you to sell old buildings, magic items, and/or units for gold. (gold recovered is equal to half production cost or mana cost in the case of Magic Items)

What do you think?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Hum... selling buildings is something I only do in case of emergency, like if a city is about to be conquered, or if I need fresh cash to whistand an unexpected event (like an event lowering my mana production). So having a build a building to be able to do it would defeat the point.

Selling magic items in a specific building, instead of being allowed to smash them into mana "freely" could be nice.

Selling units sounds like slavery to me, I could see it in some races, but not in all.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    -1 for pawnbroker from me. Doesn't seem unique enough to be worth it once you take the building thing off, and I hate the idea of linking being able to sell buildings to a building you have to build.

I think Pawnbroker would work as a building that increases unrest while increasing gold production. (Making money off of other people's dreams. )

As stated, it's not really necessarily. MoM had the gold<->money Alchemy. If you can destroy items for mana, then turn that mana into gold, I don't see a need for a special building.

The "Sell building" mechanic is simple and rarely-enough used that I don't see a need to build a special building just to sell other buildings. Selling units doesn't really fit, IMO.

As stated, it's not really necessarily. MoM had the gold<->money Alchemy. If you can destroy items for mana, then turn that mana into gold, I don't see a need for a special building.
    That's true, but that's very inefficient. You get less mana than you put into the item back and you only get 1 gold for 2 mana using Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    That's true, but that's very inefficient. You get less mana than you put into the item back and you only get 1 gold for 2 mana using Alchemy.
    Unless you took Alchemy, Artificer and Runemaster. 75% cost reduction on creating items and then sell them for 50% infinite mana/gold

I like the idea of a pawnbroker just not the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by baenre View Post
    Unless you took Alchemy, Artificer and Runemaster. 75% cost reduction on creating items and then sell them for 50% infinite mana/gold
    That's a long way to go for such a non-essential game action.

I think Pawnbroker would work as a building that increases unrest while increasing gold production.
    That's a fair idea. Obviously, the Pawnbroker couldn't be a pre-requisite for other buildings as some people wouldn't want to risk the unrest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast