Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Buildings in WoM - Thoughts?

Abecedarian Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    -Fishery: Improves food and gold production from water squares near the city by 30%. Requires Farmer's Market and Shipyard. Potentially built by Grey Elves, Dark Elves, High Men, Dwarves, Draconians, Insectoids, and Orcs.
    I'd give the fishery to everyone, maybe even to the Unhallowed who won't benefit from it.

-Trading Post: Increases this city's gold bonus based on roads (exact method TBD). Requires Marketplace. Potentially built by all races with the possible exception of the Unhallowed.
    Similarly,
    - Embassy: Stacks with Trading Post. Gives the same bonus again for connections to other faction's cities.

In both cases the bonus (and the maximum bonus) should be bigger for enchanted roads - got to have a reason for inviting an invasion

-Wagoner's Guild: Increases this city's area of influence by one square in all directions. Requires Stables. Potentially built by all races.
    How will this interact with minimum city distance?

Archmage of the Outer Ring jamoecw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    I'd like to see some sort of "toll-both" construction (could be a border fort or similar) that you could stick on a road to slow advancing armies. I literally never built roads in MoM because it made it far to convenient for enemies (or allies who then become enemies) to get to your cities before you can do anything about it.
    in civ style games in general i would build roads connecting my cities, but make sure that the roads didn't connect to themselves, so when being invaded they had to take city after city and not my capitol first, and i tended to have more advanced garrisons in my newer cities so as to make taking the outer cities harder, giving me time to mount a counterattack along my roads. a lot of people would build forts along roads and fortify units in them to block the passage of enemies, in MoM some people would use the water road exploit to kill all ground units using a single unit. in MoM small cities didn't yield much benefit to roads, so you needed large cities connected to other large cities for much benefit, and gold didn't help you much in late game when you needed all the mana you can muster.

In another thread, kilobug wrote:

That's a good idea. What about a Monument builing? It would look like a simple obelisk that would commemorate the the greatness of the faction. An obelisk should be easy to create, so it might not cost a lot in the art budget and could work for multiple factions. It could reduce unrest in a city by one or two, perhaps? I really want unrest to be more a part of WoM than it was in MoM. In MoM, it was pretty easy to control one's population for most races just by building the religious buildings.
    perhaps the same buildings can have slightly different production benefits for different races, like the dwarven bonus for miners guild in MoM. perhaps draconians can get unrest bonuses from the miners guild and some of the food buildings?
    Last edited by jamoecw; 10-02-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Abecedarian Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by jamoecw View Post
    Perhaps the same buildings can have slightly different production benefits for different races, like the dwarven bonus for miners guild in MoM. perhaps draconians can get unrest bonuses from the miners guild and some of the food buildings?
    I'd give the unrest bonus either to the food buildings (all that flying make hungry ) or to the research buildings (Draconians love (arcane) studies).

Arcane Candidate
    Would prefer it if the buildings had the same basic shape as in MOM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345