Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amok Chaos

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Amok Chaos

Name: Amok Chaos
    Circles: Fire / Destruction
    Description: Any enemy stack in the caster's territory has an X% chance of being struck by a Destruction spell the caster has researched.

A rare defense spell from the offense master, Destruction.
    It should be a high level spell with a sizable maintenance.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    +1 for the idea; what will we do for the mana sliders of the various spell ? Chosen at random too ? Or always minimal ?

I would think the minimal spell.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    I would think the minimal spell.
    Yes, agreed. The name of this spell is weird, tho. What about "Rampant Chaos" or "Domain of Discord"?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

I think the name is clever. I've always liked the work amok. However, I will bow to another name if that's what the community wants.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for Domain of Discord.

Domain of Discord seems like it should cover an area.

For instance, if the "borders" idea makes it in, casting "Domain of Discord" could have the effects (but stronger) listed above inside of the wizard's borders (but with more detriment to enemy units).

If this is global/planar, I'd rather see a name that has more relation to the effects that doesn't sound like it's limited to an area.

"Unleash Chaos"? (not very descriptive, but it gets away from the "Domain" terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    "Unleash Chaos"? (not very descriptive, but it gets away from the "Domain" terminology.
    Well, Amok Chaos would fit that bill very well.

You're not wrong. I just don't like "Amok". It doesn't really carry that much meaning for me. (Other than the Star Trek episode "The Amok Time".) I think in my head, Amok and Chaos mean very similar things. From the actual definition, Amok Chaos does make sense; however, amok is just such a rarely-used word, I think it doesn't convey much meaning.

I prefer spell names that are descriptive to what they do. "Unleash Chaos" says that you're going to do some "unleashing" of some "chaos". I'm not overly attached to "Unleashed Chaos", but I just haven't thought of anything more appropriate.

I don't care for amok in the spell's name either. I think any of the other suggestions would be better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast