Thread: Corporeal Capacitor

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Corporeal Capacitor

Name: Corporeal Capacitor
    Circles: Biomancy / Life
    Description: The caster's living units gain +X HP.

Increased HP capacity. Simple. I like it.

As a global spell, I think this would need to be both %age based as well as play-tested heavily. I could also see it as a per-unit spell. (Essentially, it's like Heroism but with only the HP being affected).

Yeah, it might be better as a unit enchantment rather than a global enchantment. The effect is really narrow, and that's more of the domain of Strategic spells. Global Enchantments are usually more epic, IME.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I like the spell, which existed in MoM, but prefer the MoM name "Charm of Life", and it should be a % (+25% in MoM) rather than a fixed amount, or it'll overpower units with many figures compared to those with few. Or it's a wanted effect ?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Yeah, it might be better as a unit enchantment rather than a global enchantment. The effect is really narrow, and that's more of the domain of Strategic spells. Global Enchantments are usually more epic, IME.
    Because the effect is so narrow that makes it a very weak single unit enchantment. It's meant to be global.

As to the MoM version, I never heard of it. I must never have played a Life game long enough to have researched it.

As far as a fixed bonus vs a % bonus... Fixed definitely benefits lower level units more than high, that's for sure. But, the OP says unit, not figure. So it will not be as lopsided as you think.

Assuming this is a high-tier spell, %age-based seems to be the better way to go. By that point, all your cities will have War Colleges (and such) that will start your units out at a higher level, so a Global enchant will need some oomph to be worth casting.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

My thoughts on a possible unit enchant are that it would be drastically more HP.

If everyone else likes the spell, I don't mind it either. It just seemed a little too simple for global enchantment.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I like this spell.