Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wall of Flesh

This one also needs a champion. If no one steps in to intervene it's on its way out.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

I love walls, but my concern would be from an art standpoint. We'd be asking the team to do a really detailed item here that wouldn't add a whole lot to the game. To me, it's not worth it
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'd prefer to just change this to an enchantment that makes walls regenerate, making them harder to knock down.

Mage’s Assistant
    Okay, I'll try to spin this in a somewhat different light:

Living(non undead, non construct, non elemental) units that die next to the wall during a battle roll a fort save before dying. If they fail, they will raise as zombies. This means that only low level units may raise as undead(generally speaking). The zombies go away after the battle.

Other variant:

Enemy units near the wall get attacked by a moderate crushing attack, whether the wall is breached or not.

Third option:

The wall spawns flesh dolls during battle, perhaps so that there's always one unit on the field(if it dies, it creates a new one). This means you can attack enemy ranged units and the like with this free unit, if needed, so it sort of prevents "siegeing"

Interesting ideas. Even if it's not exactly "wall of flesh" I like the idea of the "makes zombies" one. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Interesting ideas. Even if it's not exactly "wall of flesh" I like the idea of the "makes zombies" one. What do you guys think?
    Don't we already have this spell with Dawn of the Dead or something?

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    That just randomly raises undead. This version (To my read) gives a chance of anything that dies in battle at that city a chance of rising as one of your own undead.

Exactly. We're going to have a number of spells that make undead. I think this one is unique because it will make a unit that dies next to the city wall into a zombie to help defend the city. It's kind of a twist.

Will it still trigger if the city is maxed on units garrisoned there?

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Costisick View Post
    Will it still trigger if the city is maxed on units garrisoned there?
    Can you summon elementals during a battle if you're maxed on units? I believe the answer is same to both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12