Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bodily Immunity

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Bodily Immunity

Name: Bodily Immunity
    Circles: ? / Augmentation
    Description: Makes the target either roll 20 on all fort saves, automatically succeed on all fort saves, or gives a bonus of 10 or such on fort saves. Possibly gives DR as well.

Immunity is a big deal. Immunity is why Torin was OP. The description of this spell doesn't seem like this is a true immunity which means a name change is in order. It also means that this is an OK unit enchantment. This almost seems like the monk's diamond body feat.

I would not be in favor of an actual immunity except for special super tough monsters, but then only one immunity, and not multiple - so that you can still bring other damage types to deal with it.

The name has to go. Maybe it could be Inner Toughness or something. I also prefer the +10 over real immunity.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I like +10, and my name vote is for Giant's Fortitude to play off Giant Growth and Giant's Strength type spells.

Something's Fortitude... We can use Giant's Fortitude if we can't come up with anything else, lol. So, is it Earth? Say we make it +10, what tier should we make it?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Diamond Fortitude?

Remind me again, please, how Saves will work. How powerful is +10?

Caster of the Inner Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by ampoliros View Post
    Diamond Fortitude?

Remind me again, please, how Saves will work. How powerful is +10?
    Save are a d20 roll + a bonus (depending of class, level and abilities) and you need to beat a target DC (which depends of the kind and power of attack). So a +10 bonus is very powerful - most DC are below 20.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Not all of them though. Saves are determined by who's hitting you with something that needs a save, so when top tier things roll out it's easy to end up with DCs greater then that.

+10 is very good though, nonetheless. But how many things so far need a Fort Save?

+10 is powerful. At the moment not a lot of things call for a fort save, but as we add more and more spells that's going to change. A lot of the Death spells that do direct damage will end up calling for fort saves. I'm betting it's going to end up being pretty common.

Having thought about it for more than 10 seconds we could use the name Bear's Endurance (drawing from the D20 spell). Of course, that might make people expect it to add hit points as well. Which it could of course...

No feedback yet?

Keep in mind guys, we've got a lot of spells to run through, lol.

I think +10 to Fort is fine. What tier are we talking about? And if we need an element, Earth is still good with me.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast