Thread: Call to the Deep

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar

Call to the Deep

Name: Call to the Deep
    Circles: Water / Summoning
    Description: every turn, one randomly chosen enemy naval unit is attacked by lurking monsters.

I like this concept, but I think it fits better as a Tactical spell.

Actually, I think it'd be better as a strategic spell. We don't have any water summoning spells that summon a sea monster, do we?
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

With the name, it sounds more like a Strategic spell cast on a specific naval unit. ("Unleash the Kraken!"-style)

I can see it as a global though, but I think it should increase the frequency of "Monster" (non-aligned) creatures on the oceans, not just randomly throw you into a battle screen. I'm thinking of it as though Poseidon said "Issue Forth and Destroy!", and all the bad-ass creatures come out of the depths and have to search for things to attack, rather than be summoned to a specific stack-occupied tile for a directed attack.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    +1 for WyldeRhide

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyldeRhide View Post
    With the name, it sounds more like a Strategic spell cast on a specific naval unit. ("Unleash the Kraken!"-style)
    This is exactly my argument for making it a Tactical spell.

Maybe it could be a city enchantment where it will trigger on a naval stack when it first gets within this city's area of influence.